- REGISTER with BikeFinder™ Foundation.
- Use a good quality locking device such as a hardened steel U-lock or a hardened steel chain and padlock.
- Lock your bicycle and both wheels to an immovable object which cannot easily be cut or broken.
- Padlocks should not hang low enough to be smashed against the ground with a hammer.
- Weak, inexpensive locks WILL NOT deter a proficient thief. It is pointless to save money by using a cheaply made lock, only to lose an expensive bicycle.
- To prevent loss, take accessories such as lights and bags with you when your bicycle is left unattended.